European roulette is a game of luck which has gained great popularity over the past centuries. The game first came to the limelight in the 17th century in France but it has spread across Europe where you can either play it in online casinos or in land-based casinos.
The game is liked by many players because it has a low house edge of 2.63% unlike its close cousin, American roulette with a house of 5.26% (very high). European roulette comprises a table, a wheel, and a ball. The table is marked with 37 pockets, numbered from 1 – 36 and with only one zero (0) pocket. Players bet on the outcome of the spun ball by predicting where it will eventually land.
How to Play European Roulette
Before you jump to click on the green button, you first need to place your chips in the appropriate table and on the right bets you have selected. This can be done by selecting the chip denomination you wish to play. Remember, there are two main types of European roulette bet, the inside bets, and outside bets. Once the ball has eventually settled, all winning bets will be rewarded and the ones lost will remain for the casino.
Bets in European Roulette
The betting layout in European roulette is outlined in two main sections, individual numbers and on group bets. The inside bets consist of single numbers or small group numbers. Moreover, most odds offer different odds of winning and of course, different payouts.
- Straight-Up Bet; placed on any single number including zero and pays out 35 to 1
- Split Bet; features in between two adjacent numbers and has a payout of 17 to 1
- Street Bet; features all three numbers in a row and with a payout of 11 to 1
- Corner Bet; features a group of numbers and it is placed at the corner where the four numbers touch
- Line bet; features six numbers and has a payout of 5 to 1
- Column Bet; features entire column and has a payout of 2 to 1
- Dozen Bet; features twelve numbers and has a payout odd of 2 to1
- Color Bet; features the red or black colors and has a payout of 1 to 1
- Odd or Even Bet; features eleven even or odd numbers and has a payout of 1 to 1
- Low or High Bet; features all low and high numbers on the table and has a payout of 1 to 1